- What is Communication
- What are Online classes and Physical classes?
- Difference between Online class and Physical class
- Which is better between Physical vs Virtual classroom
What is Communication
Before debating on Online class vs Physical class firstly know What is communication. Communication is defined as the exchange or transfer of words, feelings or ideas between two or more than two persons. In communication, one is a transmitter and another one is a receiver. Similarly in Online or Physical class, one is a transmitter and another one is the receiver.
What are Online classes and Physical classes?
- It is also known as Virtual classes
- The transfer of words, knowledge and feelings takes place through the medium of the Internet.
- A teacher can present information and interact with a group of people in real-time via the Internet.
- As per reports, online classes are increased after lockdown due to COVID-19.
- Physical classes are also known as face to face classes.
- The transfer of words, knowledge and feelings takes place face to face.
- A person can directly ask their questions face to face from teachers.
- No requirement of data(Internet).
Difference between Online class and Physical class
|Online class||Physical class|
|The transfer of knowledge takes place through the Internet||The transfer of knowledge takes place face to face|
|Less impact on student||More impact on student|
|More flexible (can be attended from anywhere)||Less flexible (physical presence of a student is mandatory)|
|Saves time||Consume more time than online classes|
|Less practical knowledge||More practical knowledge|
|Learning and understanding power is low||Learning and understanding power is high|
|No requirement of travel||Requirement of travel|
|Can maintain Social distancing||No social distancing|
|Wide range of courses available online||Less number of courses available offline|
Which is better between Physical vs Virtual classroom (Online class vs Physical class)
- Virtual classroom requires Internet due to which many peoples can’t afford daily recharges of data which results in lack of missing of lectures.
- The main disadvantage of online classes is that a student can’t able to get practical knowledge. for example, Suppose a student is doing B.Pharm (A Bachelor of Pharmacy is a graduate academic degree in the field of pharmacy) and in B.Pharm practical knowledge is very mandatory but dut to Online classroom he/she can’t able to get practical knowledge.
- Learning and understanding ability of a person is more in Physical class in comparison to Virtual class.
- According to reports, 4 out of 5 students loves Physical classroom whereas 1 out of 5 student loves Virtual classroom.
- Virtual classes are more flexible than Physical class because in Virtual or Online class a teacher can teach their students from anywhere.
- There is no requirement for the teacher to be physically present in college or school in Online class but in Physical class, it is mandatory for the teacher to be present in class.
- A virtual classroom is less costly and saves time because it doesn’t require travel of person.
- Study material can be available anytime in Virtual classroom whereas in Face to face classroom if a person forgets his/her study material at home than a problem arises.
- Continuous reading of students through Mobile phones, Laptops leads to damage of eyes. In a virtual classroom, a student has to seat 7-8 hrs in front of Mobiles phones, although break is given but it is not sufficient for them.
- The advantage of Virtual classroom is that many courses can be done online. for example- I am preparing for GATE exam then I don’t have to go physically to the classroom instead of I can prepare via Youtube, online lectures or directly visit the website and purchase the course.